Friday, January 23, 2015

Maternity pics

We decided to do maternity pics early for G.  We wanted to make sure we got them done before she delivered and we wanted to do them before she got too uncomfortable.  They were done at 25w4ds.  Here are a few.








 Also same day we did R's 1 year pics since we were already there!






Thursday, January 22, 2015

25-27 weeks

Everything was looking better by the time G had her next appt on January 8th.  She was 25 weeks 2 days.  She had seen urology on January 6th and all her test were looking good.  Seems the IV antibiotic and daily oral antibiotics were working.  Yay!!  What a relief that was!

We were concerned about the ultrasound since it had been 3 weeks since the last one and it's recommended to get them every 2 weeks with identical twins but we can't seem to get that thru the doctors head!  But everything looked great!!  Baby A still looks to have a 2 vessel cord but he is holding strong at 58 percentile.  And Baby B was 32 percentile so they are staying pretty consistent so that's great!!

Baby A weighed 1 lb 13 ozs and had 6 to 7 cm fluid
Baby B weighed 1 lb 8 ozs and had 4 to 5 cm fluid

And G's cervix length was 3.2 cm so that's looking good as well.

The tech was able to see both bladders so another good sign no TTTS!!

So we left the ultrasound feeling great but then we saw the doctor.  He doesn't make us feel as great any longer....since we had the trouble with him ordering category D medication he doesn't treat us the same.  He treats us like we know nothing and he knows everything.  And I am sorry but I do my research so I know things!!  He acts like I am not even in the room.  Really bugs me!!  I tried to get him AGAIN to do ultrasounds everything 2 weeks like recommended and he just kept talking saying he would move it up to 4 weeks instead of 5 weeks and that he would see G in 2 but no ultrasound.  Grr makes me so mad.  But G didn't fight him on it so I let it go.  It's her body so I try not to push too much even tho I want to!! lol

Both babies heart rates are still around 160 like the have been almost the whole pregnancy.  And this time I remembered to look at the tape when he measured G's belly.  It measured 32 weeks.  My midwife used to tell me all these things and explain everything to me.  This doc does not so you just have to pay attention to catch the details.  Again drives me nuts!!

G just had her 1 hour glucose test and is meeting with the doc for her 27 week appt as I am writing this.  I didn't go this time because there was no ultrasound and the doctor just upsets me anyways.  I thought it would be best if I just went to work.  I am hoping she passes her 1 hour glucose test.  I failed mine but did pass my 3 hour.  I blame it on the twizzlers I ate before bed before my 1 hour test lol ooops

Here are some pics of the babies!  They still don't have names....we are having so much trouble!!

profile
 face

 4d face yawning

profile
face

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Scary

So the last time I blogged we had just went for ultrasound and had an appt scheduled for December 23 with urology.  Well we went to that appt and things then got scary. I hadn't planned on going to the appt but some thing told me I needed to so R and I went with G.  We go back to room and doc asks me and R to leave because R will be a distraction.  I was not happy.  I figured he just thought I was G's friend with a kid not her wife and child so that's why he kicked us out.  Well we were in waiting room for 30 mins and I start to get worried.  Thinking "wow he must have kicked us out because this is serious" well it was.  Finally the doc came and got me and told me the ultrasound showed both G's kidneys were blocked and this would most likely mean surgery but he wanted and MRI to be sure.  He said anything we do right now could cause preterm labor so he wanted to be sure of a course of treatment. G was 23 weeks pregnant that day so she can't deliver.

So I am freaking out and wishing I had taken R to my parents house.  The appt was at 8 am so I didn't want to have to take him there at 6am so that's why I hadn't.  I call my dad and tell him what's going on and that he might have to come get Rayden but I will keep him updated.  I am trying really hard not to cry at this time.  I go back in to the office and we are told G's insurance has denied the MRI but they are trying to fight it.  Great!  Omg now what?  We talk and decide if we have to pay for it we will find a way but doc says to go for bloodwork and come back and they will let us know what the plan is.  We do and still no progress when we get back.  Doc says go home and they will work on insurance.  They think it can wait a little bit because G is still able to function eventho she's in pain.

5:30 that night the insurance finally gives approval for MRI.  And G calls first thing next morning to get it scheduled.  She gets MRI scheduled for 11:15 and I call my Dad to come get R since I didn't have time to take him there and get back.  My parent's house is in opposite direction of hospital.

As we are waiting for MRI we are thinking since it's Christmas Eve we probably won't get results today but when MRI was over the doctor met G outside room.  He said they are saying they don't have someone to read MRI till 4 but that's not good enough so he is going to make them read it ASAP.  He took us to get bloodwork and said he would be back.  He came back when G was getting bloodwork and told me he wanted us to go to infusion for G to get IV antibiotics for the next 7 days but to go eat lunch first.  We stop at infusion to find out how long we need to waste at lunch to decide if we eat there or out.  It turns out not to be too long so we go to cafe.  Doctor shows up there and says he saw MRI results and right kidney is blocked but left isn't as bad as they thought so no surgery!  Yay we were so relieved.  He just wants her to come to hospital every day for the infusion instead of being admitted and then oral antibiotics after that.  It was the best news we could have gotten.

G went for infusions every day even Christmas day but it could have been much worse.  She started feeling better right away.  Hoping we don't have that scare again!  

Monday, December 22, 2014

22 weeks

We had another ultrasound Dec 18th.  Everything is basically the same which is good news.  They are still measuring about a week apart and Baby A still has more fluid but it's not any worse then before and they are still both within normal limits.

Baby A is 51 percentile weighing 1lb 2ozs and has 5 cm fluid.  His cord is at edge of placenta and he has a 2 vessel cord.

Baby B is 27 percentile weighing 15ozs and has 3 cm fluid.  His cord is in center and has a 3 vessel cord.

G's cervix is 4 cms.

If you remember from last blog we thought B had the 2 vessel cord but we remembered wrong.  We think last time A was 50 percentile and B was 30 percentile so still pretty close to the same.  We are glad things are holding steady.  We go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound.  It woulda been 2 weeks but the doc is away for 2 weeks for the holiday.

So G has her 4th bladder infection so Sunday she had to go for ultrasound on kidneys and bladder and tomorrow we go see the urologist.  She is still in a lot of pain so hopefully we get some answers.

Yesterday I felt one of the babies for the first time! Yay!

Wish I had pics to show you but the last appt was just focused on seeing how the babies were doing and we didn't get any good pics.  Hopefully next time!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Boys or Girls??

Well we had our 19 week ultrasound (she was actually 18w6ds) and with in the first few minutes we were able to see they were BOYS!!  So we will have 3 boys under 2 soon!! Ekk!!  We were really hoping for girls and had their names all picked out but we are happy either way.  I am starting to get used to it and I have always said I would rather have all boys then all girls! lol

So the only problem with having boys is we CAN NOT come up with names we can agree on.  We like unusual names so if you have any suggestions please let me know!!

So Baby A measured 19w1d and Baby B measured 18w1d so Baby B is smaller so that can be concerning.  Also Baby B might have a 2 vessel cord instead of 3 vessel.  So we are worried for our boys right now!!  We go back on Dec 18th to check on them.  I won't even go into the possible problems because we do not want to think that right now!!

Also G has yet another bladder infection!!  She got it the morning of the appt which is perfect timing but not good still.  The doctor said he was sending her urine for testing but was going to put her on an antibiotic called Bractrim.  We thought nothing of it....thought for sure it has to be safe.  Well we were wrong!!  The script was sent to our pharmacy where my friend is the pharmacist and she called me right away and told me it was a Category D and they had someone with a very bad experience with it but couldn't tell me anymore then that.  I could tell from her voice it was really bad.  So I called the nurse right away and she argued with me.  Telling me "that it is NOT a category D it is a C and that this is what the doc wants so G has to take it"  G was very upset but in a lot of pain.  She didn't want to take it but didn't want the pain any longer.  We had some heated discussions on the way home since we were both so frustrated.  We got to the pharmacy and G decided to call the doctors office.  She got a different nurse who seemed very concerned then the doctor called her back.  He at first seemed very upset we were questioning his decision and kept saying it was a category C.  G had to what I call get "mean" but she says she wasn't.  And she told him she had looked online and talked to the pharmacist and it was D.  He argued for a bit but then finally looked it up and started to change his tune and prescribed Keflex.  Now G wanted to do what was best for the babies and it seemed to be the doc and nurse were implying she wasn't.  She told the doctor many times if the urine test results came back that it was bacteria that could only be treated with Bractrim then she would take it but till then she wanted to take something that was safe.  She did not want to put them at risk for no reason.  The test results came back a few days later and we were right she didn't need that dangerous med!!  So we are so glad we pushed!!

And on a happier note here are their pics....




Friday, November 21, 2014

18 weeks

G is now 18 weeks pregnant with mono/di twins (identical).  She can now feel them.  She has been feeling movement for a few weeks but felt them from outside last night.  I didn't get to feel it tho because I was holding sleeping R and couldn't get up.  I hope to feel it soon tho!

G's appointment Nov 10th went well. I wasn't there I was at work but G and her mom went.  They listened to babies heart rates and they were in the 160s.  They scheduled the next appt which would be the big Ultrasound appt for Dec 4th.  We really thought it would be earlier since he kept saying 18 weeks and we really want to know what they are.  So the next day I made a phone call and was able to get it moved up till Nov 24th.  That is only a few days away now!!  We can't wait to know if we are having 2 boys or 2 girls!!

Last weekend Nov 15th when G was 17w4ds she got another bladder infection.  This is now the 2nd one already.  They called her in antibiotics and she is doing better now but we are hoping she doesn't keep getting them!

R is doing well.  He is baby talking up a storm lately.  He will be 15 months on Monday.  Here are some pics of him!

Monday, November 10, 2014

A Scare

First we had our next appt with the Dr. Oct 13th.  It was an quick an easy appt once we finally saw the doctor.  Listened to the heartbeats and basically that was it.  We scheduled the next appt for a month and were on our way.  Well the next evening G started bleeding.  She was 13 weeks.  I have been there I know how awful it feels but I also know that it's not always terrible.  I bled a few times with R and he is fine.  I had placenta previa so I figured that was it.  My bleeding started around the same time. I was able to stay calm but G of course was very scared and I called the doc.  Thank god I was the one that called!!  It was the on call doctor and she basically told me she thought G was loosing one of the babies but to not go to ER to just wait and come in and see our doctor the next day.  I told G that she said it happens a lot and not to panic that we would see doctor the next morning.

We went in Oct 15th to see Dr. Farrell.  I asked him if the bleeding could be the same as mine since it was around same time and he told me he doubted it.  He said "bleeding doesn't happen often and shouldn't happen.  Even tho its the same time as yours doesn't mean its the same thing."  This scared me because that is not what I was told and why couldn't it be the same thing??  I might have been upset.  Anyways they did an ultrasound 13w1d and everything was fine.  Babies looked great and were moving all around.  Looks like she had low lying placenta like I thought!!!  Doctor came in and told us that and acted like I had never even mentioned it.  I wanted to say "I told you so" but I was just so happy everything was okay that I didn't.  He told her to take it easy and rest for the next 2 weeks.  That led us to our next problem.  We had vacation scheduled and we were leaving for Florida on Saturday that same week.  He would tell us if we should or shouldn't go so we just decided to wait and see if the bleeding stopped. G had the next 3 days off work before we were leaving so she was just going to rest all that time.

Luckily the bleeding stopped the next day and we did go on vacation.  We relaxed most of time but did get to take R to Magic Kingdom one day plus we were able to do a few other fun things.

G's next appt is later today Nov 10th and she is 16w6ds and she has had no more bleeding!!  Finally got this blog back up to date lol but I am sure that won't last long.  Isn't as easy to blog with a toddler!!

Here are a few pictures from our vacation