Thursday, January 22, 2015

25-27 weeks

Everything was looking better by the time G had her next appt on January 8th.  She was 25 weeks 2 days.  She had seen urology on January 6th and all her test were looking good.  Seems the IV antibiotic and daily oral antibiotics were working.  Yay!!  What a relief that was!

We were concerned about the ultrasound since it had been 3 weeks since the last one and it's recommended to get them every 2 weeks with identical twins but we can't seem to get that thru the doctors head!  But everything looked great!!  Baby A still looks to have a 2 vessel cord but he is holding strong at 58 percentile.  And Baby B was 32 percentile so they are staying pretty consistent so that's great!!

Baby A weighed 1 lb 13 ozs and had 6 to 7 cm fluid
Baby B weighed 1 lb 8 ozs and had 4 to 5 cm fluid

And G's cervix length was 3.2 cm so that's looking good as well.

The tech was able to see both bladders so another good sign no TTTS!!

So we left the ultrasound feeling great but then we saw the doctor.  He doesn't make us feel as great any longer....since we had the trouble with him ordering category D medication he doesn't treat us the same.  He treats us like we know nothing and he knows everything.  And I am sorry but I do my research so I know things!!  He acts like I am not even in the room.  Really bugs me!!  I tried to get him AGAIN to do ultrasounds everything 2 weeks like recommended and he just kept talking saying he would move it up to 4 weeks instead of 5 weeks and that he would see G in 2 but no ultrasound.  Grr makes me so mad.  But G didn't fight him on it so I let it go.  It's her body so I try not to push too much even tho I want to!! lol

Both babies heart rates are still around 160 like the have been almost the whole pregnancy.  And this time I remembered to look at the tape when he measured G's belly.  It measured 32 weeks.  My midwife used to tell me all these things and explain everything to me.  This doc does not so you just have to pay attention to catch the details.  Again drives me nuts!!

G just had her 1 hour glucose test and is meeting with the doc for her 27 week appt as I am writing this.  I didn't go this time because there was no ultrasound and the doctor just upsets me anyways.  I thought it would be best if I just went to work.  I am hoping she passes her 1 hour glucose test.  I failed mine but did pass my 3 hour.  I blame it on the twizzlers I ate before bed before my 1 hour test lol ooops

Here are some pics of the babies!  They still don't have names....we are having so much trouble!!

profile
 face

 4d face yawning

profile
face

2 comments:

  1. This doc sounds like a jerk! I would have to have a heart to heart before he delivered my babies! What if he delivers and ruins your experience? Are there other docs in the practice that you can switch to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea the odds are he won't deliver the babies there are many docs in the practice. Whoever is on call will deliver the twins. So switching docs won't guarantee he won't deliver them. We are just hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete