Friday, February 20, 2015

31 weeks

February 16th was G's last appt.  We were worried going in because she had some cramping and braxton hicks over the weekend.  I had our bags all packed and in the car in case she was admitted.  Also R and our dogs were at my parents for the day or longer.  I figured better to plan for the worst and hope for the best.  I think this caused G to be more worried but I knew if she was admitted she would want her own things and would want me to be with her.  We are over an hour away from hospital so it wouldn't be easy to just run home to get her stuff.

Her ultrasound was first and the tech decided to just check her cervix first to know that right away.  It was 1.5 so basically it hadn't changed!! Yay!  So we were very happy about that.  The boys looked great!  They had about same fluid they had last week and were doing what the tech called "practice breathing"  Also both were head down!! We are so happy about that.  I know G really wants a vaginal delivery!  She didn't measure them because she said that should be done every 2 weeks so next week we will see how much they weigh.

Next she had the non stress test NST and everything looked great on that!  The doc was very happy with everything so far and thinks she should be able to try for a vaginal birth without meds like she wants.  I asked if he thought the other docs would let her in case he isn't the one on call and he thinks they would all be on board esp since they are both head down.  Next they talked about G working and they decided since there is stress in her work it was best to go out on disability so no more work for G.  She is happy to be home spending quality time with R before the twins come.

Here are some more pictures.  Next appt February 26th!

28-30 weeks

So G passed her 1 hour glucose test!  Also her urine tests still look good so no more UTIs!  Her last appt I mentioned in the previous blog was just with the doc so she didn't find much out.  Her next appt after that was schedule for 2 weeks and was February 9th and she had an ultrasound that day.

That appt started out great.  She was one day shy of 30 weeks and the boys looked great.

Baby A:  3lb 1oz 46 percentile and 5.5cm fluid heart rate 143
Baby B:  3lbs 40 percentile and 4.9cm fluid heart rate 154

We were so happy Baby B caught up to his brother some and both their fluids looked good.  Also Baby A was head down and Baby B was transverse with his head close to being down.  So looking like we can try for vaginal delivery!  Then the ultrasound tech checked her cervix and there was the not so good was only 1.6 cms long now and it had been 3.2.

The doctor was concerned but not too worried yet.  We did decide to do the steroid shots just in case they were going to come early.  It was something I was going to ask about anyways but then didn't have to because he brought it up.  She got one that day and then the next.  He told G she could work still this week but to try to stay off her feet as much as possible and no lifting but she should tell her work this might be last week.

We left the appt a little worried but knew their odds of survival were good even that early.  Next appt was scheduled for 1 week and she was going to have a non-stress test too

After that appt she had an appt with the urologist.  We had to wait long time to see him but then it was a quick appt.  Everything looks good.  She still has blockage in right kidney but left is better which is pretty normal for pregnancy so he is hoping after their birth everything will fix itself and she won't need surgery.  Her next appt with him is Feb 25.

Here are some pics!!